- Search for internships using Handshake
- Internship websites
- Internship video (Whitworth login required)
Are you planning on participating in an internship for-credit? If you haven't yet attended an orientation, you must attend one of the sessions listed below. Each orientation is approximately 40 minutes.
- Where: Hixson Union Building (HUB), ABC Conference Rooms, Second Floor
- Monday, Nov. 30 @ 4 p.m. in HUB, ABC Conference Rooms
- Monday, Dec. 6 @ 11:30 a.m. in HUB, ABC Conference Rooms
What is an internship?
An internship is a method of supervised on-the-job training with intentional learning goals in an organization that corresponds to the student's academic major and provides a system for ongoing feedback and communication.
Why is an internship important?
- An internship allows you to...
- integrate your classroom knowledge with on-the-job experience;
- "test drive" a career or field of interest without having to commit long-term;
- gain practical hands-on knowledge to be successful in your career; and
- build your network of professionals in your field of study.
How to Register for an Internship
- First, attend one of the required internship orientations in the Whitworth Career Services Office.
- Complete the contract form (explained in the orientation), obtain the necessary signatures, and submit the completed form to Whitworth Career Services.
After you have secured an internship site and attended an Internship Orientation, please complete the following forms:
- Internship Contract Form
To make changes to your current internship contract, please go into the Internship Contract Form link above. The first line will read, 'Already submitted a contract? Update it here.' click on the the 'here' button to update your contract.
- Risk Assessment & Liability Form**International Internship? Doing an internship overseas? Be sure to complete the following form:
International Internship Agreement Form
During your internship, please record your hours and tasks on the time log.
At the end of your internship, please complete the following online forms:
How to learn more about internships
- Attend an internship orientation (see schedule)
- Review the internship postings on Handshake
- Frequently Asked Questions
Are there opportunities to do an internship outside of the United States?
Yes. Students wishing to participate in an international internship must meet with a representative of the Whitworth Off-Campus Studies Office for direction and to complete the required paperwork. Students cannot gain credit for work done in a country under a travel warning. Click hereto check travel warnings. Students will be denied credit if they fail to meet with a Whitworth Off-Campus Studies Office representative before leaving on their internship experience.