Resources to Help End Racial Injustice
Whitworth denounces the sin of racism that continues to plague our nation, our community, and our campus, and we ask every member of the Whitworth family to reflect upon ways we can take action and contribute to a more just, equitable, and humane society.
What Whitworth Offers Now
- Programs, initiatives and events for academic year 2020-21 in our continuing efforts to achieve the Diversity Action Plan.
- A letter from June 5, 2020, from Chief Diversity Officer Lorna Heranandez-Jarvis to the Whitworth community: Steps Whitworth Is Taking to Address Racial Injustice.
- Zero tolerance: Read our non-discrimination statement in the Whitworth Student Handbook.
- Counseling and pastoral care for underrepresented students.
- A donor-supported affinity group for faculty members of color.
- Help-a-Pirate and CARES Act assistance for students in financial need.
- DEI Speaker Series to engage community on race-related issues.
- Intergroup dialogue training on race and racism for students and employees.
- Racial reconciliation groups through the Office of Church Engagement that create Christian community action plans.
- Monthly meetings with the Spokane County Sheriff's Office to help ensure justice and equity for students of color.
How to Take Action Today
Places to support, articles to read, and other ways to learn about and support anti-racism.