The Whitworth Health Center provides high-quality care based upon each individual's needs. Our services are inclusive, confidential, caring and compassionate. We are located in Schumacher Hall (Building No. 32 on the Campus Map).
The health center is currently closed for student appointments over the summer and will reopen on Sept. 9.
In order to protect your health and safety, our services will be available by appointment only. Please call in advance to schedule an appointment, as walk-in services will not be available. Telehealth and in-person appointment options will be offered. The nurse or nurse practitioner will use their clinical discretion to determine what type of visit is most appropriate for the student seeking care. Each person entering Schumacher Hall will undergo temperature and symptom/exposure screening.
Below are steps for health center-eligible students to take if they think they have COVID-19 or were exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Call 911 and proceed to the nearest hospital for any life-threatening emergencies.
- Stay home in your residence hall or place of residence off campus (go home if you are at class or work when you feel sick or learn of a potential exposure).
- During regular business hours, call the health center to speak with a nurse or nurse practitioner for medical guidance.
- After hours, you can contact the Nurse Advice Line on your health insurance card for medical advice. If uninsured, you can call the 24/7 CHAS Nurse Advice Hotline at 509.444.8200 to discuss your medical concerns.
- The medical guidance you receive will help determine if you need further medical evaluation, if you need to be tested, or if you need to isolate or quarantine for a specific length of time.
- To report a COVID-19 exposure (including if you have been advised to quarantine or isolate), or to notify the university of pending COVID-19 testing or confirmed COVID-19, please contact the Whitworth COVID Care Team at covidcareteam@whitworth or through the LiveSafe app "Report a COVID Concern" option.
Please see our Coronavirus Information page for updates regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).