Whitworth University City Cab/Health Ride Program
City Cab offers after-hours transportation (4:30 p.m.-8:30 a.m. Monday through Friday, and all weekend) to local urgent-care facilities and emergency departments. This service is for students to utilize when the health center is closed. The cost for the rides is covered by the Student Health Fee. Transportation is also available on a case-by-case basis to other community resources, such as the VA, Frontier Behavioral Health, The Emily Program and addiction rehabilitation meetings such as AA and Al-Anon.
Always call 911 if you experience a life-threatening emergency.
To schedule a ride, call City Cab dispatch at 509.455.3333. When you call:
- During daylight hours, a cab will be dispatched to the emergency station (blue light) by Warren Hall or the emergency station (blue light) across the street from Arend Hall.
- After dark, a cab will come directly to your residence hall or theme house.
- You will be taken to the designated destination of your choice. The cab will NOT wait for you during your visit.
- At the completion of your visit, call City Cab dispatch for a return ride.
- City Cab will send a bill for the transportation cost directly to the health center. For more information regarding this service, contact the health center at 509.777.3259.