Whitworth University students are required to submit an Immunization History Form via the Student Health Portal (https://whitworth.studenthealthportal.com).
Keeping the campus community healthy is a priority; therefore, certain immunizations are required. Required immunizations include the following:
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (submitted via the Immunization History Form): cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/mmr.html
- Meningococcal ACWY (submitted via the Immunization History Form): cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/mening.html
- COVID-19 (primary series) (submitted via the Immunization History Form): cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/index.html
Recommended immunizations include:
- Hepatitis A: cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hep-a.html
- Hepatitis B: cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hep-b.html
- Human papilloma virus (HPV): cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hpv-gardasil.html and cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/visstatements/hpv-cervarix.html
- Influenza (yearly): cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/flu.html
- Pneumococcal pneumonia (for high-risk populations only): cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hib.html
- Polio: cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/ipv.html
- Serogroup B Meningococcal: cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/mening-serogroup.html
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis: cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/td-tdap.html
- Varicella (chicken pox): cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/varicella.html
Immunization Submission Process
MMR (all students), COVID-19 primary series (all students), Meningococcal ACWY (only full-time undergraduate students), and recommended immunizations
Here's how to submit the dates of your MMR, COVID-19, Meningococcal ACWY and recommended vaccines:
- Log in to your Student Health Portal: https://whitworth.studenthealthportal.com/forms.
- Click on the "My Forms" tab, and then click on the "Immunization History" form.
- Enter the dates for MMR, COVID-19, and meningococcal. If you had titers done, enter the date of the titers and the results (immune or non-immune). If you wish to decline any of the required vaccines, fill out the declination under the "Declination" section.
- Continue filling out the form for all recommended vaccines.
- Submit form.
COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) immunization
Whitworth University complies with the Washington State Department of Health’s (DOH) requirement to be a "fully vaccinated campus." To meet this requirement for the current school year, all in-person students are required to be fully vaccinated with a Centers for Disease Control (CDC) approved vaccine (World Health Organization (WHO) for international students). Boosters are strongly encouraged but are not required by the DOH to be considered a "fully vaccinated campus."
Based on the recommendations of numerous public health agencies, Whitworth believes the best way for the campus to stay safe is to require COVID-19 vaccination of its students and employees.
However, our compliance with the DOH requirement stipulates that we provide students an option to decline participation in this vaccine requirement. If you opt to decline, please fill out the COVID-19 Vaccination Declination form by logging in to the student portal: https://whitworth.studenthealthportal.com. If you decline participation in the vaccine requirement, this form must be signed and submitted along with your Immunization History form by Aug. 1.
Need help finding a vaccine appointment? Vaccinate WA: COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
Health center-eligible students: email@example.com
Continuing studies students: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate/master's students: email@example.com
Meningococcal Disease Information
As of July 1, 2004, colleges and universities in Washington state must make educational information available on meningococcal disease to all incoming students.
Meningococcal Disease and Vaccine: www.nmaus.org/pdf/brochures/NMA%20Brochure_150%20DPI.pdf
Why It's Important to Have A Meningococcal Booster:
Before new full-time undergraduate students come to campus, they must complete the Tuberculosis Questionnaire. Students who are at higher risk for tuberculosis must have a tuberculosis risk-assessment completed. For high-risk students, the tuberculosis risk-assessment must be completed by the student's healthcare provider before the student's arrival at Whitworth. Please submit the Tuberculosis Questionnaire electronically (required for all new students) and the hard-copy Tuberculosis Risk Assessment form (if required per the Tuberculosis Questionnaire) by document upload (https://whitworth.studenthealthportal.com/Document), fax (509.777.4333) or mail.
Health Form Deadlines
Students must submit their required health forms by the following dates.
Full-time undergraduate students:
- Fall entry deadline: Aug. 1
- Spring entry deadline: Jan. 1
Continuing studies and graduate students:
- Immunization History form: Rolling dates based on the cohort start date