Students at Whitworth University are required to submit an immunization history to the Whitworth University Health Center. Keeping the campus community healthy is a priority; therefore, certain immunizations are required. Required immunizations include the following:
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/mmr.html
- Meningococcal ACWY (meningitis): www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/mening.html
Recommended immunizations include:
- Hepatitis A: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hep-a.html
- Hepatitis B: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hep-b.html
- Human papilloma virus (HPV): www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hpv-gardasil.html and www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/visstatements/hpv-cervarix.html
- Influenza (yearly): www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/flu.html
- Pneumococcal pneumonia (for high-risk populations only): www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hib.html
- Polio: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/ipv.html
- Serogroup B Meningococcal: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/mening-serogroup.html
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/td-tdap.html
- Varicella (chicken pox): www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/varicella.html
Immunization Form Submission Process
Please access the Student Health Portal to complete the Immunization History Form.
Meningococcal Disease Information
As of July 1, 2004, colleges and universities in Washington state must make educational information available on meningococcal disease to all incoming students.
Meningococcal Disease and Vaccine: www.nmaus.org/pdf/brochures/NMA%20Brochure_150%20DPI.pdf
Why It's Important to Have A Meningococcal Booster: www.voicesofmeningitis.org/meningitis-video-library.html www.texaschildrens.org/video/why-meningitis-vaccination-so-important-college-students
Before new students come to campus, they must complete the Tuberculosis Questionnaire. Students who are at higher risk for tuberculosis must have a tuberculosis risk-assessment completed. For high-risk students, the tuberculosis risk-assessment must be completed by the student's healthcare provider before the student's arrival at Whitworth.
Deadline for Tuberculosis Questionnaire and Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Form
Please submit the Tuberculosis Questionnaire electronically (required for all new students) and the hard-copy Tuberculosis Risk Assessment form (if required per the Tuberculosis Questionnaire) by fax or mail by Aug. 1 for incoming fall students, and by Jan. 15 for incoming spring students. All information remains confidential.