COVID-19 Symptoms Guidelines for Employees
Experiencing symptoms consistent with a COVID-19 infection but no known exposure
(Day 0 is day of symptom onset)
- If you have symptoms, get tested immediately
- If you have positive test results, isolate immediately and follow:
- If you have negative test results with symptoms, repeat test after 24-48 hours
(Isolate immediately. If negative, repeat again in 24-48 hours—minimum of two tests with last test no earlier than Day 6.)
COVID-19 test access
- Get Four Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests
Order free COVID-19 at-home tests through the United States COVID.gov/tests website. Tests may show "expired" dates on the box, but the FDA has extended those dates; see the full list of extended expiration dates.
- Most private insurances cover a certain number of at-home tests per month.
- Available at most local pharmacies.
If you test positive (reporting)
- If you test positive, please report your positive (or negative) COVID-19 status at the following link. The process takes approximately 2-3 minutes.
Say Yes! COVID Test Digital Assistant
Reporting to the State of Washington is a way for public health entities to know the incidence and prevalence of COVID-19 in the state. It is also a way for the state to provide supports when and where needed.
Take general public health precautions
- Watch for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Consider wearing a high-quality mask (e.g., N95 or KN95).
- Consider not going places where you are unable to wear a mask or to maintain physical distancing.