Close Menu

We are here for you, Concordia students.

Like many, we were surprised and saddened to learn that Concordia University will close at the end of this academic year. Whitworth wants to be a resource as you navigate next steps in your academic journey. We know that you have a strong community at Concordia that will be hard to leave. You're invited to visit our campus, where you will be welcomed into the Whitworth community and supported in achieving your goals. 

Whitworth offers more than 100 majors and programs, 21 NCAA Division III varsity sports, an active student life, and so much more, all on our beautiful 200-acre campus located in the thriving community of Spokane, Wash.

Concordia Transfer Student Support:

Concordia Graduate Student Support:

Start planning your traditional undergraduate transfer to Whitworth. Here's the information you'll need:

  • Key dates and deadlines for undergraduate transfer applicants.
  • Whitworth University admits transfer students for fall and spring terms.
  • Whitworth will provide an informal transcript evaluation upon request after you have submitted an application and have been admitted to the university. A final evaluation will be done once you are admitted and have submitted an enrollment deposit. Check out the online transfer equivalency guides for regional community colleges.
  • Transfer students are required to complete 32 semester credits at Whitworth in order to earn a baccalaureate degree. Most transfer students who enter with associate degrees and/or who have junior standing receive their degrees in 2.5 years or less.
  • Whitworth admits academically qualified students without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status or disability.

Application Materials for Transfer Students:

  1. Apply for Free
    • Whitworth Application
    • Common App
    • If you can't decide which application to use, we encourage you to use the Whitworth application. It only takes a few minutes to complete!
  2. Official transcript from each college/university you have attended
    • If you are transferring to Whitworth with fewer than 30 semester or 45 quarter hours of college-level coursework, you also need to submit an official high school transcript. This should be send directly from your high school to the Whitworth admissions office at
  3. Optional for U.S. citizens/permanent residents: One letter of recommendation and/or Academic Recommendation Form from a professor or counselor telling us about your academic success as a college/university student

For more information about the admissions process for transfer applicants, as well as scholarships, financial aid and the university, please visit Frequently Asked Questions.

If you have additional questions, please contact the admissions office at or 509.777.4786.

Fast Facts

  • 1890 founded
  • 2,353 traditional undergraduate enrollment
  • 100+ academic majors and programs
  • 86%

    classes with fewer than 30 students

  • 86%

    2019 grads employed or in grad school within 9 months of graduation

  • 11:1 student-faculty ratio

Contact Information