Health Sciences Department
The Whitworth Health Sciences Department offers majors in health science, community health, pre-athletic training and nursing.
The mission of the Whitworth Health Sciences Department is to equip its graduates to serve humanity through study of the form and function of the human body and the body's connection to health and wellness. Through a curriculum that integrates theory and practice, graduates will be able to appreciate this relationship both critically and creatively and will learn to apply it to various health-related fields.
The learning outcomes of the majors offered prepare graduates to...
- Explain the form and function of the human body.
- Explain various factors that make up holistic human health and wellness.
- Identify their strengths and interests and demonstrate how these can be used to serve humanity.
- Demonstrate appropriate strategies to communicate health and wellness concepts.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking skills and the ability to access and evaluate health information and resources.
- Articulate a worldview that integrates professional ethics with cultural competence and personal values.