The Dean's Executive Speaker Series
Owner, Darios Investments LLC (DBA Jimmy John’s) Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho
Ric Rocca is the owner of Darios Investments LLC, which owns and operates 10 Jimmy John’s restaurants in the Inland Empire. Ric and his wife, Kathy, were recognized as Jimmy John’s franchisees of the year in 2012.
Prior to his current position, Ric held a variety of operational and financial executive positions for Marriott, Sodexo and Renaissance Learning.
Ric holds a B.S. in finance from the University of Idaho and an MBA from Washington State University.
Ric Rocca's Tips for Success
- Seek balance in everything you do. Today's passion can be tomorrow's addiction.
- Treat people with kindness - little things can make a huge difference in someone's life (and it is also good business and good for you).
- Helping others helps you as much or more than others.
- Let your kids and subordinates figure things out on their own.
- When one door closes, another usually opens.
- Learn how to address conflict and to self-assess your part in the conflict.
- Cash flow is a good measurement for business as long as it dissipates in importance as the business becomes successful.
- Having money is not a bad thing, but it isn't a very good measure of success in your personal life.
- If you want to stay young, keep learning.
- Good relationships and good teams take a lot of work and require high levels of trust - let go of your ego and forgive if necessary.
- Mistakes or setbacks can be the best feedback you'll ever get.
- Plan for the future, learn from the past but spend as much time as you can in the present.
- Make the people that are closest to the customer the most celebrated in your company.
- Surround yourself with great people that are better than you at what they do, then give them credit and exposure.
- Seek to know God every day, and try to reflect God's love in any situation you find yourself in.