The Unofficial Guide for Moving to Campus
So, you're moving to Whitworth this fall. You've read the official list of what to bring and know you'll need extra-long sheets and a shower caddy. You know what residence hall you'll be living in and who your roommate will be. But what else do you need to know before you arrive on campus?
We asked current students what they were glad they brought to Whitworth and what helped them get along well with their roommates. Here's some of their best advice for the next generation of Pirates.
Things to Bring
- A hammock or blanket – a must on campus for whenever the sun is out.
- A reusable mug, because the coffee shop gives discounts if you bring your own.
- Gloves, so you can catch your pinecone to send to @whitworthpinecones pain-free.
- A reminder of home – photos, a memento from high school, a favorite sweater, etc.
- A backrest pillow to open up another place to sit in your room.
- More fall/winter clothes than spring/summer outfits. It's chilly for much of the year.
- One formal outfit.
- A Frisbee.
- A fan.
- String lights to deck out your room.
- A scooter, especially one with light-up wheels so you can ride in style.
- An open mind.
- Chocolate. You will need it, and you can share it to make new friends!