Board of Trustees
The Whitworth University Board of Trustees is the governing body of the university. It is made up of a distinguished group of dedicated alumni, pastors and friends of the university and represents a wide variety of backgrounds, expertise and perspectives across multiple spectrums. The board is responsible for the management and direction of the business and affairs of Whitworth, as outlined in the bylaws and articles of incorporation. Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the mission is being implemented
- Establishing strategic goals and objectives
- Fiduciary responsibility, including approving an annual plan of financial operation
- Ultimate responsibility for overseeing academic programming and integrity
- Appointing and overseeing the president
The board officially meets two times per year, with fall and spring meetings. Within the board, working committees and subcommittees oversee vital areas of university governance. The president serves as a voting member of the board.