Close Menu

Student Consumer Complaint Process

Program Integrity Rule

Beginning July 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of Education regulations to improve the integrity of programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA), as amended (the "Program Integrity Rule"), take effect. The Program Integrity Rule requires, among other things, that each college or university authorized to offer postsecondary education in one or more states ensure access to a complaint process that will permit student consumers to address the following:

  1. Alleged violations of state consumer protection laws that include but are not limited to fraud and false advertising;
  2. Alleged violations of state laws or rules relating to the licensure of postsecondary institutions; and
  3. Complaints relating to the quality of education or other State or accreditation requirements. 

Whitworth University, as an institution authorized to provide postsecondary education in the State of Washington, is committed to full compliance with the Program Integrity Rule, and provides the following confirmation to all current and prospective students:

The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities accredits Whitworth University. You may review the university's accreditation documents at

Complaint Process

Whitworth University seeks to resolve all student concerns in a timely and effective manner. To that end, the following contact information and resources at Whitworth University are available to current and prospective students for the resolving of complaints. Links are provided to the appropriate Whitworth website for more information on contacts at the university.

Academic Affairs (academic programs, accreditation)

Admissions (admissions eligibility)

Business Office (tuition/fee payments)

Financial Aid (loans, scholarships, grants)

For information and resources about student loan repayment, or to submit a complaint relating to your student loans or student loan servicer, please visit or contact the Student Loan Advocate at

Registrar (academic records)

Student Life (student and campus life)

The university encourages students to work through internal university processes for resolution of complaints. If a student believes that the university's procedures have not adequately addressed concerns identified under the Program Integrity Rule, the following links and contact information is provided. The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has authority to investigate student complaints against specific schools. WSAC may not be able to investigate every student complaint. Visit for information regarding the WSAC complaint process.

General and Out-of-State Distant Education
Washington Student Achievement Council
917 Lakeridge Way SW
Olympia, WA 98502

Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
8060 165th Avenue NE
Suite 100
Redmond, WA 98052
425.558.4224 (voice)
425.376.0596 (fax)

Athletic Training
Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
6850 Austin Center Blvd.
Suite 100
Austin, TX 78731-3184

Marriage & Family Therapy
Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE)
112 South Alfred Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-3061

Montessori Programs in Oregon
Higher Education Coordinating Commission,
255 Capitol Street NE
Salem, OR 97310
For more information, write to, or visit the HECC website.

National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21
Reston, VA 20190-5248
703.437.0700 (voice)
703.437.6312 (fax)

State Student Aid
Washington Student Achievement Council
P.O. Box 43430
Olympia, WA 98504-3430

Teacher Education
Professional Educator Standards Board (PESB)
Old Capitol Building
600 Washington Street S, Room 249
P.O. Box 47236
Olympia, WA 98504-7236