Why Whitworth Days
"Why Whitworth?" isn't just a rhetorical question. We really do want you to discover anything and everything that will help you learn why Whitworth could be a great school for you. Why Whitworth is a program for prospective students and their parents that takes place on select dates during the fall and spring semesters. Your day will begin at 9:45 a.m. and end at 3 p.m. (or thereabouts) and will feature the following activities:
- Campus tour
- Admissions presentation
- Class visit(s) of your choice
- Student panel
- Lunch in the dining hall (student meals are on us)
- Your parents are welcome to join you for the entire program. While you visit a class, your parents are invited to attend a parent seminar.
Registration will open in August 2018.
|2018-19 Why Whitworth Days|
|Friday, Sept. 21||Friday, Nov. 9||Friday, March 1||Friday, April 12|
|Friday, Sept. 28||Friday, Nov. 16||Friday, March 8||Friday, April 26|
|Friday, Oct. 5||Friday, Nov. 30||Friday, March 15|
|Friday, Oct. 12||Friday, Feb. 8||Monday, April 1|
|Friday, Oct. 19||Friday, Feb. 15||Wednesday, April 3|
|Friday, Nov. 2||Monday, Feb. 18||Friday, April 5|
- Meals in the HUB dining hall are served cafeteria-style, with a wide variety of menu options, for $8.50 per person. A la carte meal options are available in The Café in the Hixson Union Building and in the Mind & Hearth coffee house (where cash, credit and debit cards are accepted).
- In addition to the planned program, you may request a one-on-one appointment with a professor or a coach (based on his or her availability) and may stay overnight in a residence hall with a student host. These appointments will take place either before or after the Why Whitworth program, which runs from 9:45 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to host parents overnight on campus. Please see the Local Accommodations list for recommended hotels close to campus. Most of the listed hotels offer a reduced rate – just let the desk clerk know that you're visiting Whitworth.