Why Whitworth Days
"Why Whitworth?" isn't just a rhetorical question. We really do want you to discover anything and everything that will help you learn why Whitworth could be a great school for you. Why Whitworth is a program for prospective students and their families that takes place on select dates during the fall and spring semesters. Your day will begin at 9:45 a.m. and end at 3 p.m. (or thereabouts) and will feature the following activities:
- Campus tour
- Admissions presentation
- Mock lecture by Whitworth professor
- Student panel
- Lunch (student meals are on us)
- A total of one guest is welcome to join you for the entire program. While students are in a mock lecutre, guests are invited to attend a parent seminar.
Why Whitworth registration will open once on-campus visits have been approved by the Spokane Regional Health District.
As you prepare for your Why Whitworth Day, please note the following:
Whitworth is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for visitors, students, faculty and staff. We all have a responsibility to protect ourselves and others to limit the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, we ask campus visitors to adhere to the following requirements:
- Bring and wear a face covering (over your nose and mouth) at all times, including during the campus tour.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet between yourself and other people.
- Avoid visiting campus if you:
- Are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms that are not caused by another health condition (fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc)
- Are a member of a high-risk population (those over age 65, with moderate to severe asthma, with chronic lung, heart and/or liver disease, with diabetes, with immunocompromised conditions, or with chronic kidney issues who are doing dialysis treatments)
- Have had close contact to someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 14 days prior to your visit
- Have had COVID-19 symptoms that are not caused by another health condition in the last 10 days
- Have had a COVID-19 test in the last 10 days
- Notify Whitworth if you have or are being tested for COVID within 14 days after visiting campus.
- Download the LiveSafe App and complete the daily health check 2 hours prior to arrival to campus. Be prepared to show your results upon arrival to campus.
- Participate in a symptom screening upon arrival to campus and have your temperature taken. Please note: If anyone in your party does not pass the symptom screening or shows a high temperature, everyone will be asked to leave campus and reschedule the visit.
- Leave campus immediately if you begin to feel ill during any part of your visit.
For more information about Whitworth's coronavirus response, please visit WhitworthFLEX.