Incoming first-year and transfer students enrolling in fall 2021 who participate in a qualifying 2020-21 on-campus visit program are eligible to receive a one-time, $1,000 Visit Scholarship to cover tuition. Starting Oct. 14, 2020, these students can also qualify for the scholarship by registering for and fully participating in two of our virtual visit programs. Students can only qualify for one Visit Scholarship in total.
IMPORTANT: Washington State Governor Jay Inslee issued a new travel advisory stating that persons arriving to Washington from other states or countries should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival in the state of Washington. Because of this, we are only able to accommodate Washington state residents until further notice. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Visit Scholarship deadlines:
- Enrolling fall 2021
- First-Year Students: May 1, 2021
- Transfer Students: Aug. 1, 2021
Qualifying visit programs include:
- Daily Tours: Various dates available
- Virtual Visits: Various dates available
- Why Whitworth: Various dates available
- Fall Pirate Preview: Oct. 17 and 24, 2020, and Nov. 7, 2020
- Transfer Visit Days: Nov. 11, 2020
- Honors Scholarship Weekend: Feb. 13 or Feb. 27, 2021
- Multicultural Visit Program: March 13, 2021
- Bucs Bound: April 17, 2021
Note: The $1,000 Visit Scholarship cannot be combined with a full-tuition scholarship such as Honors Scholarship Weekend, tuition exchange or Act Six. No additional application is needed to be eligible. The scholarship awards $500 per semester for the first two consecutive semesters attended for students beginning in the 2020-21 school year.