Information for Ministry Sites
The Whitworth Summer Fellowship Program is a 10- to 12-week summer-ministry experience for current Whitworth students and those who have just graduated. The development of strong partnerships with churches and ministries is essential to this experience. We hope that through these partnerships, ministries will provide an opportunity for students to serve, develop their gifts and discern their vocations. In turn, each ministry will be supported by a fellow committed to meeting practical needs and building the capacity of each ministry.
- Sites are required to apply and interview for the program. Students also apply to the program and the OCE matches students with sites for mutually beneficial placements.
- Sites are expected to maintain regular communication with the OCE prior to the fellow's arrival. During this time, the OCE will offer site training videos centered on spiritual mentorship and designing an optimal fellowship experience.
- Sites are also expected to maintain regular communication with the OCE during the summer. The OCE will check in to support you, discuss your fellow's work and spiritual formation, and offer evaluative materials to best help you facilitate conversation and reflection with your fellow.
- Sites are required to provide:
- $3600 financial contribution to cover a student's stipend (ministries struggling to cover this contribution are invited to discuss this with the OCE before applying).
- A homestay. Please consult our Homestay Vision and Expectations document for guidance.
- Spiritual formation/mentorship for your fellow.
Interested in being a ministry host site? For more details, see our comprehensive Site Expectations document.
- New Sites: Are you interested in receiving a fellow for the first time? Or have you hosted a fellow at some point in the past five years and are interested in hosting a fellow again? The first step is to submit a Site Interest Form. After submitting this form, you will be contacted by fellowship staff and, on the basis of this conversation, granted access to the online application. Please allow yourself sufficient time to schedule this conversation and complete the application once given access (application deadline: Nov. 23).
- Returning Sites: Please fill out the site application. Be prepared to upload a fellowship job description in compliance with our Fellowship Position Description Template. We look forward to receiving your application (application deadline: Nov. 23).