Many excellent housing options close to the Whitworth campus are available. Before moving off campus, please make sure you're allowed to do so under the Whitworth Housing Requirement.
- Get the "word on the street" on Facebook's Whitworth Off-Campus Housing Search group.
- Compare rent prices with the Rentometer.
- Know your rights as a tenant and the responsibilities of a landlord. The Tenants Union of Washington State "challenges and transforms unjust housing conditions and housing policies through empowerment-based education, leadership development, and community organizing and tenant ownership." They also offer a friendly telephone hotline.
- Read about the top five "First Apartment" mistakes students should avoid.
- Understand the jargon of a lease.
- Helpful general info: estimating costs, pros and cons of different types of units (apartments, houses, rooms, etc.), and how to avoid being scammed.
Students, Landlords, Etc.
- We are no longer providing the ability to list properties for rent. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Be wary of scams. Your listing is open to the world and may be a target for unscrupulous individuals. Please see the FBI's listing of Common Fraud Schemes. The most common scam we have seen is called an "advance-fee fraud." The potential renter sends the landlord more money than necessary. The landlord then cashes the check and mails the difference back to the potential renter. However, the landlord's bank soon discovers that the check is fake and reverses the deposit to the landlord's account. The landlord is now out both the money sent back to the renter and any fees associated with cashing the bogus check. Remember: If it smells fishy, it probably is.