Whitworth University provides limited on-campus summer housing. There are, however, a few restrictions with this housing:
- On-campus summer housing is available to currently enrolled Whitworth students only.
- Students who take advantage of summer housing must be taking summer classes (no minimum number of credits) at Whitworth or working for the university as student employees.
- Summer housing is provided inDuvall Hall, which features two-person rooms within six- to eight-person pods. Each pod contains its own bathroom (with two or three toilets, two or three sinks, and two or three showers). The building has well-appointed lounges, a large kitchen and a laundry room.
- No housekeeping duties are performed by the university during a student's stay. The university will supply basic housekeeping supplies upon request.
- No dining is provided during the summer. However, the two common kitchens in Duvall are more than adequate to handle students' typical dining needs.
- Move-in will happen between the Monday and Saturday following graduation.
- Most current on-campus residents will therefore stay in their spring room until after the halls officially close and maybe a few days longer. Make sure to let your RA and RD know that you will not check out with them. Instead, your checkout will be managed by the summer housing assistants.
- Off-campus students will be allowed to move in on the Tuesday following graduation.
- Cost for summer 2018: $15/night
- Housing is granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Whitworth will make every effort to give each resident his or her own room; however, if demand is great, some residents will be assigned to double-occupancy rooms.
The room key must be returned to the housing office at the end of your stay. Failure to return the key will result in a charge of at least $50.
This key is to be used only by the resident to whom it is issued. Residents are not allowed to let anyone else in the building with this key. Use of this key by other persons, either with or without the student's permission, will result in a charge of at least $50 per person, immediate removal of the student from the residence hall, and reclamation of the key issued.
Students are allowed to use this key only between the dates agreed upon by the housing office. If a student needs access to the building earlier or longer than agreed upon, he/she should contact the housing office at email@example.com or 509.777.4533. Entering campus buildings at times other than those agreed upon will result in a charge of at least $50, immediate removal from the hall, and reclamation of the key issued.
A Whitworth student's regular I.D. card will allow access to summer housing; however, if a student has been issued a different access card, the card must be returned at the end of the stay. Failure to return the card will result in a charge of at least $35.
Students can report work orders and request cleaning supplies, bathroom tissue, etc., via Pirate Port's "Work Order Requests".
Each summer resident must complete a checkout with the housing office shortly after the resident finishes summer class or the on-campus job. Exception: If you are leaving between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m., simply remove all personal possessions from the room, lock the room, and slide the room key and access card (if one has been issued to you) under the door of the summer housing RA. To schedule a checkout, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509.777.4533.
All campus policies that are in effect during the school year apply during the summer. Failure to adhere to ANY campus policies may result in your immediate removal from campus housing. To review campus policies, please click here.