A Helpful Financial Aid Timeline
- Begin your scholarship search by reading Tips on Scholarship Research and Application.
- Create a Federal Student Aid I.D. at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm. (Parent(s) and student need to create separate FSA I.D.s on their own.)
- The 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens Oct. 1, 2020. File your FAFSA by Nov. 15 to ensure an early financial aid offer from Whitworth.
- Print a FAFSA from the web worksheet.
- Gather the necessary documents needed to complete the FAFSA.
- Complete the FAFSA on the web worksheet with all of the necessary information.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to upload 2019 income information directly from the IRS into the FAFSA.
- Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov. Whitworth's federal school code is 003804.
- Receive your electronic Student Aid Report from the federal processor and review it for accuracy. Make any necessary changes to your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
- The RaiseMe micro-scholarship earnings deadline for Whitworth is Oct. 15 of your senior year of high school.
- File your FAFSA to receive a financial aid offer from Whitworth.
- Financial aid offers begin to be prepared for admitted students who have submitted FAFSAs to Whitworth. Offers are sent on a rolling basis to new admits going forward.
- Review the offer to understand all of the financial aid you have been offered.
- Check your app status page (whitworth.edu/appstatus) and address any missing documents or incomplete processes needed to finalize your offer.
- Music Talent Scholarships are announced.
- Receive your Pre-Bill Workbook from Whitworth Student Financial Services via your student email.
- Review your costs and financial aid for accuracy.
- Determine if there is a balance due for the semester.
- Consider a payment plan or credit-based loan as necessary.
- Submit a final high school transcript with confirmation of your high school graduation to the Whitworth Admissions Office.
- Complete processes related to Federal Student Loans. New borrowers must complete two online processes in order to receive funds under this program.
- Receive an email from Student Financial Services with instructions on how to finalize payment arrangements for your fall balance.
- Watch for an email from Whitworth Student Employment that provides you information on how to apply for on-campus student employment positions.
- Prepare and post a résumé to Handshake, Whitworth's online student employment portal.
- At this point, if all required documents have been submitted and processed, your financial aid file should be complete and you should have made payment arrangements with Student Financial Services.
- Visit the student employment booth at the welcome fair during Orientation Week.
- Begin your student employment job search.
- If your offer is finalized and your loan processes complete, your financial aid funds should transfer to your Whitworth student account during the first week of classes. For disbursement information, click here.