All forms with the proper signatures can be scanned and emailed to the Whitworth Financial Aid Office. For security purposes, you should send documents via our Proofpoint encryption process, which sends the document(s) to a secure portal. To use this method, please read the Proofpoint Directions.
Financial Aid Award Information
Reporting Expected Outside Scholarship Funds
The Whitworth University Financial Aid Office requests that all expected outside scholarships be reported to our office by phone, email or through this easy online form. We will include these scholarships in your financial aid award. This information is also used by the student accounts office to recognize outside scholarships as a resource toward your costs and to reduce the amount you owe the university.
If your FAFSA application has been selected by the Federal Student Aid Processor for a review process called verification, please be aware of the following. During the verification process, Whitworth will compare the data on your FAFSA with the verification form available below as well as your tax information. Verification must be completed within 60 days from the start of the term to maintain eligibility for work-study, and must be completed no later than 120 days after the last date of enrollment (by Sept. 29, 2017, for the 2017-18 academic year and by Sept. 22, 2018, for the 2018-19 academic year) or following the end of the academic year, whichever is earliest, or you will lose financial aid eligibility. Under the financial aid program rules (34 CFR, Part 668), we must review the requested information.
- Federal Verification Worksheet (Dependent): 2018-19
- Federal Verification Worksheet (Independent): 2018-19
- Federal Verification Worksheet (Dependent): 2017-18
- Federal Verification Worksheet (Independent): 2017-18
Federal Direct Loan Agreement (MPN) and Entrance Counseling
You will need your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) in order to complete these processes.
- Allow 30 minutes to complete the process.
- Read all text carefully.
- Print your "Borrowers Rights and Responsibilities" for your records.
- Print the "Verification" page that indicates that you have completed and passed the quiz. You may need this page as proof of completing this process. Please retain it in your records
Special Circumstance Information & Forms
Satisfactory Progress Appeal Information & Forms
- Appeal to Receive Aid Beyond the 150 Percent Time Frame
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements
Other Financial Aid Forms
- Family Expense Form
- Financial Aid Instructions for Students Getting Married During the Summer
- Permission to Release Financial Aid Information
- Permission to Release Information for Scholarships
- Petition to Continue to Apply for Financial Aid without Parental Information
- Selective Service Registration & Confirmation
- Student Directive for Disbursement of State Student Aid
- Worksheet for Reporting Scholarships/Grants on Federal Tax Return
Traditional Day Students
Students in Accelerated Evening Format Courses
TEACH Grant Information & Eligibility Form
The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant provides up to $4,000 per year for undergraduate and graduate students who intend to teach full time in high-need subject areas for at least four years. Their schools must serve students from low-income families.
If you think you might qualify for a TEACH Grant or if you want to learn more about this grant, please read the TEACH Grant Fact Sheet linked below. If, after reading the fact sheet, you believe that you might be eligible for this grant, please complete the TEACH Grant Eligibility Form linked below.
Note: For Whitworth students to be eligible, they must be in a degree (bachelor's/master's) program. Certificate and endorsement students are ineligible.
TEACH Grant Eligibility Form
(Complete only if you want to have your eligibility for this program reviewed.)
TEACH grant recipients must complete the two online forms mentioned below. (Students who have not yet been awarded the TEACH grant should not complete the following forms.)