|Degree||Doctor of Physical Therapy|
|Program Format||Face-to-face courses and clinical rotations|
|Application Deadline||Applications due May 15 for our fall 2023 cohort.
Apply via PTCAS.
|Completion Time||Eight consecutive semesters; complete the program in less than three years.|
|Total Cost||Total anticipated cost for the Doctor of Physical Therapy is $121,160*. Tuition and fees are included.|
|Accreditation Status||Click here to view current accreditation status and tentative timelines.|
*Anticipated cost for students beginning in the 2023-24 academic year
How to Apply
After you've reviewed the admission requirements, including the prerequisite course requirements listed below, you can begin your PTCAS application, which includes the following:
- Official transcripts: Applicants must arrange for PTCAS to receive an official transcript from each college and university from which you earned a degree (bachelor's or higher) in the United States and Canada.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): The GRE is required. Applicants must arrange for the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send official scores (current, last five years) through PTCAS. Code is 2949.
- References: Applicants must arrange for three (3) references to be submitted electronically through PTCAS. Each evaluator will be contacted using an email address provided to PTCAS by the applicant.
- Observation hours: 50 observation hours are required and must be submitted and verified by a licensed PT via PTCAS.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): If English is not an applicant's first (primary) language, official TOEFL scores must be submitted to email@example.com.
Whitworth's Doctor of Physical Therapy faculty will adopt a holistic admission process that includes:
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree (prior to admission)
- A 3.0 GPA or higher
- Completion of the GRE
- Completion of, or enrollment in, prerequisite courses; completion of the prerequisite courses must be within the last 10 years
- Evidence of leadership skills, service and community engagement activities