Whitworth University will adopt the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy (ACAPT) national prerequisite coursework list required of all entering DPT students:
- One course in anatomy with lab
- One course in physiology with lab
Or a two-course sequence in anatomy and physiology with lab (HS 220 and lab, HS 221 and lab)
- Two courses in general biology with lab (not botany) (BI 140 and lab, BI 143 and lab) or upper division courses in genetics, animal physiology
- Two courses in general chemistry with lab (CH 161 and lab, CH 181 and lab)
- Two courses in general physics with lab (PS 131 or 151 and lab, PS 133 or 153 and lab)
- One course in psychology (PY 210, PY 358)
- One course in statistics (research design and with statistics typically through ANOVAs) (PY 201 or MA 256)
Note: Whitworth course numbers are included as examples in the prerequisite listings above. Advanced Placement (AP) courses will not be accepted to fulfill prerequisite requirements. Credit requirements are defined as semester credits (1 quarter credit = .667 semester credit).
Whitworth University's DPT Program Admissions Committee reserves the right to assess applicant qualifications on a case-by-case basis and adjust appropriate admission criteria when warranted by special circumstances.