To foster an inspirational environment to honor God and serve humanity.
Serving the Whitworth community today… Sustaining our campus for tomorrow.
- Health & Safety
Goals & Objectives (as of May 2014)
- Deliver high-quality service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Provide timely communication to customers during the work order process
- Provide and promote a web-based feedback forum
- Set and track goals for work-order completion
- Set and track quality assurance program goals
- Provide an atmosphere of professionalism.
- Properly equip & maintain working areas to maximize efficiency
- Allocate budget to promote training/licensing/certifications
- Develop a comprehensive facilities and equipment preventive maintenance program
- Reinforce apparel and conduct requirements for employees as needed
- Continue to educate and equip employees to follow best safety practices
- Value each employee.
- Empower employees to make putting "Safety First" a priority
- Recognize excellence
- Provide formal feedback for each employee annually
- Provide informal feedback daily
- Provide and promote regular opportunities for peer recognition
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Conduct and analyze an annual survey of facilities services customers
- Provide activity reports to next-level supervisors weekly
- Proactively provide resource requirements to business office and trustees
- Report annual accomplishments to board of trustees
- Provide timely and informative campus communications regarding maintenance activities
- Maintain and distribute emergency response protocols
- Create and maintain a sustainable campus.
- Implement an energy policy and encourage campus-wide participation
- Develop renewable-energy projects to comply with the Presidential Climate Commitment
- Promote and support campus and community sustainability programs
- Distribute building energy guide and educate users
- Share energy use information and conservation goals with campus constituents
- Retrofit all campus lighting for more energy efficiency by summer 2014
- Comply with the state's Water Use Efficiency Rule by 2017
- Constantly assess facilities infrastructure.
- Continue to assess and update VFA database of facilities requirements annually
- Conduct and report evaluations of building cleanliness
- Publish designated grounds/event areas to university website
- Populate APPA Facility Performance Indicators Survey by end of 2014